We are so thrilled to present the NFTY-MAR 2017-2018 Cabinet Application! We pride ourselves on offering leadership opportunities to many participants at many levels, and are eager to work with as many of our participants, as possible. Cabinet is a great way to work with regional board and lead in an area you are passionate about, but it is also a huge responsibly and commitment.
A full list of cabinet positions, their descriptions, and their responsibilities can be found below. Please make sure that you read this entire post before filling out the application since we have made a few changes. We kept the same cabinet structure as last year but made some variations in the position.
In order to apply for cabinet, you must commit to attending at least four events, including Leadership Exploration and Development (September 15th-17th 2017), which is mandatory, over the course of the 2017-2018 year. As well as attending these regional events, you must be able to participate on at least two virtual meetings and coordinate with your co-chair and regional board point-person, all while utilizing your committee. While there is no formal conversation with Ellie or members of the regional board, you MUST take time to speak with your parents and TYG advisor, who will be required to fill out a signature sheet, about the commitment you are making.
The cabinet application must be submitted and the NFTY-MAR Cabinet Signature Page emailed to Ellie by Friday, May 19th at 11:59pm. Under no circumstances will late applications be accepted. The Regional Board will review all applications and make decisions at their meeting on May 21st; you will be notified of our decision soon afterwards.
We thank you again for your interest in our Regional Cabinet; we truly have a wonderful region full of people who shape our community. If you have any questions, please either reach out to Lindsay Morgenstein, NFTY-MAR President, or Ellie, the regional director. Good luck!
The NFTY-MAR Regional Board 2017-2018
*Please note that once you begin this online application, you CANNOT save it and come back later. You must complete the entire form at the same time.
The Communications Chair will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Communications VP and oversee the M&M Committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up and selling merchandise at the Shuk
- Taking pictures and video
- Organizing candy-grams and ensuring that every member receives one
- Helping with The Mouth (written & video) and the end of the year slideshow
- Helping to create and participating actively in social media campaigns for event
Israel Education Chairs
Israel Education Chair will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP to bring Israel to the NFTY-MAR community. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the RCVP to develop meaningful, balanced Israel programming to bring to MAR.
- Assisting with Israeli-centered t’filah (ie: traditional Israeli dances, the NFTY Western Wall).
- Leading in research, creation, and distribution of Ha(M)aretz, the monthly Israel education publication.
- Serving as a knowledgeable resource on the positions of ARZA and the URJ on current events in Israel; be able to discuss with participants, especially TYG RCVPs, leaving aside one’s own opinions on the matter.
Membership Sub-Regional Assistant (mSAC)
mSACs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VPs of their subregion. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting at sub-regional temples
- Communicating with TYG MVPs in their sub-region to assist them with the execution of their membership goals
- Working to recruit, plan, and attend Mid Atlantic Junior Youth Kallah (MAJYK)
- Helping lead their subregion to victory at TheVent (attendance at event is mandatory)
- Promoting inclusion throughout the region
- Overseeing the Community Inclusion Committee (in partnership with the regional MVPs)
Mishpacha Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VPs of their subregion. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and execute at least one Mishpacha program for every event
- Overseeing putting new members into Mishpachot
- Developing a curriculum to further the Mishpacha program
- Overseeing each family and rearrange members, if necessary
Program Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Programming VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Working to create at least one program for camp-hosted events
- Assisting in editing all regional programs
- Group leading and recruiting others to lead programs at all regional events
- Helping to organize the NFTY-MAR Program Bank
Ruach chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Programming VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to bring ruach, spirit, to the region in a variety of creative ways, including during asefot and down-time
- Overseeing birthday celebrations at regional events
- Writing mixers for regional events
Social Action Chairs
Social Action Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, publicizing, and participating in donation drives before and during every regional event
- Helping to create and facilitate social action programs during regional events
- Assisting with logistics regarding the Social Action Auction at Winter Kallah and recycling drives
- Informing region about volunteer opportunities, protests, seminars etc., that are social action related.
Song Leading Chairs
Song Leading Chairs will work as a bridge between the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP and the song leading committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting RCVP in leading t’filot at regional events
- Communicating regularly with RCVP and NFTY-MAR Clergy Team
- Working with RCVP to determine melodies for T’filah experiences
- Creating set lists for song sessions
- Compiling a resource booklet for the song leaders at each event
- Creating (with the help of the RCVP) an online playlist as a resource for songleaders at least 2 weeks in advance of each event
- Developing and use new techniques to improve the functional success and engagement in t’filot/song sessions (Powerpoints, song sheets, hands-on, etc)
- Working to recruit, train, and retain new song leaders in MAR
- Keeping records of music taught and used during the year to create a spreadsheet of NFTY MAR’s repertoire
Spiritual Engagement Chairs
Spiritual Engagement Chair(s) will work with Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP and the Spiritual Engagement Committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Helping the RCVP with pre-event tasks (service PowerPoint creation, gathering supplies, organizing service leaders from the Google form, contacting Service leaders to make sure they are aware of responsibilities) and during-event/t’filah tasks (running the PP, holding havdallah sets, passing out service packets)
- Overseeing Torah Text by writing and recruiting writers