We are so thrilled to present the NFTY-MAR 2018-2019 Cabinet Application! We pride ourselves on offering leadership opportunities to many participants at many levels, and are eager to work with as many of our participants, as possible. Cabinet is a great way to work with regional board and lead in an area you are passionate about, but it is also a huge responsibility and commitment.
A full list of cabinet positions, their descriptions, and their responsibilities can be found below. Please make sure that you read this entire post before filling out the application since we have made a few changes, including which positions are being offered this year and the roles and responsibilities of each position.
In order to apply for cabinet, you must commit to attending at least four events, including Leadership Exploration and Development (September 28th-30th, 2018), which is mandatory, over the course of the 2018-2019 year. As well as attending these regional events, you must be able to participate on all virtual meetings and coordinate with your co-chair and regional board point-person, all while utilizing your committee. While there is no formal conversation with the Regional Director or members of the regional board, you MUST take time to speak with your parents and TYG advisor, who will be required to fill out a signature sheet, about the commitment you are making.
The cabinet application must be submitted and the NFTY-MAR Cabinet Signature Page emailed to email@example.com by Sunday, May 20th at 11:59pm. Under no circumstances will late applications be accepted. The Regional Board will review all applications and make decisions at their meeting the following week; you will be notified of our decision soon afterwards.
We thank you again for your interest in our Regional Cabinet; we truly have a wonderful region full of people who shape our community. If you have any questions, please either reach out to Joe Lichtenstein, NFTY-MAR President, or Haley Breskin. Good luck!
– The NFTY-MAR Regional Board 2018-2019
*Please note that once you begin this online application, you CANNOT save it and come back later. You must complete the entire form at the same time.
Membership Sub-Regional Assistant (mSAC)
mSACs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate pop-up events to include sub-regional sleepovers for NFTY 9-12
- Plan and implement subregional time during all 9-12 events
- Promote an inclusive and welcoming environment within the region
- Initiate connections with new and current 9-12 participants
- Help to facilitate TheVent
Spiritual Engagement Chairs
Spiritual Engagement Chair(s) will work with Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Plan services for regional events in partnership with the RCVP and head songleaders
- Help to identify participants to read Torah, write Divrei Torah, read service passages, etc.
- Collaborate with regional Clergy
Fundraising chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Communication VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee collection of coins through the social action jugs
- Help to implement the social action auction to be held at Winter Kallah
- Research and facilitate sub-regional fundraisers
- Help with creation and distribution of merchandise
Programming Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Programming VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a resource for participants who wish to write and implement programming within the NFTY MAR community
- Evaluate feedback from the region about program topics
- Plan and implement alternate and/or specialty programming during regional events
- Help to identify group leaders for regional programming
Social Action Chairs
Social Action Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement social action programming
- Plan and write legislation for the social action initiative
- Help NFTY MAR to adhere to social action based legislation, when resources are available
- Plan and implement donation drives at regional events
Israel Education Chairs
Israel Education Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP to bring Israel to the NFTY-MAR community. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Help to plan and implement Israel programming
- Re-think NFTY-MAR’s approach to Israel and look at it holistically
- Educate the region about Israel with adult support
Israel Education Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the regional board to ensure that all programs are accessible
- Educate the region about inclusion with adult support
- Serve as a resource for new participants at each event
678 Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VP and the 678 committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and Implement Mid Atlantic Junior Youth Kallah (MAJYK) and NFTY 678 pop-up events
- Be an active participant in TYG engagement and recruitment
- Facilitate the transition of 8th grade participants to NFTY 9-12
- Work with the 678 committee
Song Leading Chairs
Song Leading Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP and the song leading committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the RCVP, spiritual engagement chairs, and regional cergy advisor to create and implement services
- Establishing all musical aspects of events, including song sessions, friendship circles, etc.
- Work with the song leading committee
- Highly encouraged to attend additional training opportunities (i.e. Kutz, Nashir)