We are so thrilled to present the NFTY-MAR 2019-2020 Cabinet Application! Cabinet is a great way to work with regional board and lead in an area you are passionate about, but it is also a huge responsibility and commitment.
A full list of cabinet positions, their descriptions, and their responsibilities can be found below. Please make sure that you read this entire post before filling out the application since we have made a few changes, including which positions are being offered this year and the roles and responsibilities of each position.
In order to apply for cabinet, you must commit to attending at least four events, including over the course of the 2019-2020 year. As well as attending these regional events, you must be able to coordinate with your regional board point-person, participate on all virtual meetings, and build relationships with Reform Jewish teens in your area and around the region. While there is no formal conversation with the Regional Director or members of the regional board, you must take time to speak with your parents and a TYG advisor in NFTY-MAR, who will be required to fill out a signature sheet, about the commitment you are making.
The cabinet application must be submitted and the NFTY-MAR Cabinet Signature Page emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, May 28 at 11:59pm. Under no circumstances will late applications be accepted. The Regional Board will review all applications; you will be notified of our decision soon afterwards.
We thank you again for your interest in our Regional Cabinet; we truly have a wonderful region full of people who shape our community. If you have any questions, please either reach out to Lindsey Fleishman, NFTY-MAR Regional President, or Jessa Cameron, NFTY-MAR Regional Director. Good luck!
The NFTY-MAR Regional Board 2019-2020
*Please note that once you begin this online application, you cannot save it and come back later. You must complete the entire form at the same time.
Membership Sub-Regional Assistant (MSAC)
MSACs from each subregion will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Build subregion community during regional events
- Coordinate opportunities to connect as a subregion outside of events
- Run Color Wars at TheVent
Spiritual Engagement Chair
Spiritual Engagement Chairs will work with Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Plan services for regional events in partnership with the RCVP and head songleaders
- Help to identify participants to read Torah, write Divrei Torah, read service passages, etc.
- Collaborate with regional clergy advisor
Marketing Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Communication VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate marketing and promotion of day-long regional events
- Run specific social media platforms during regional events
- Create schedules for Media and Marketing Committee members around photographing, running merchandise, and general outreach during regional events
Programming Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Programming VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a resource for participants who wish to write and implement programming within the NFTY MAR community
- Evaluate feedback from the region about program topics
- Plan and implement alternate and/or specialty programming during regional events
- Help to identify group leaders for regional programming
Social Action Chair
Social Action Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement social action programming
- Help NFTY MAR to adhere to social action based legislation, when resources are available
- Plan and implement donation drives and fundraising opportunities at regional events
Israel Education Chair
Israel Education Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Help to plan and implement innovative Israel programming
- Re-think NFTY-MAR’s approach to Israel and look at it holistically
- Foster an environment for teens to connect to Israel in their own way
Inclusion Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the regional board to ensure that all programs are accessible
- Educate the region about inclusion with adult support
- Serve as a resource for new participants at each event
678 Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Support planning and implementation of Mid Atlantic Junior Youth Kallah (MAJYK) and NFTY 678 pop-up events
- Be an active participant in TYG engagement and recruitment
- Facilitate the transition of 8th grade participants to NFTY 9-12
Song Leading Chair
Song Leading Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP and the song leading committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the RCVP, spiritual engagement chairs, and regional clergy advisor to create and implement services
- Facilitate all musical aspects of events, including song sessions, friendship circles, etc.
- Supervise and train the song leading committee