We are so thrilled to present the NFTY-MAR 2020-2021 Cabinet Application! Cabinet is a great way to work with regional board and lead in an area you are passionate about, but it is also a huge responsibility and commitment.
A full list of cabinet positions, their descriptions, and their responsibilities can be found below. Please make sure that you read this entire post before filling out the application since we have made a few changes, including which positions are being offered this year and the roles and responsibilities of each position.
With the changes to NFTY’s structure, we are looking for leaders who are ready to jump in to this creation process, and help us build the best NFTY-MAR year. While we don’t fully know what next year will look like, we expect Cabinet members to attend regional, local, and virtual events, and coordinate with your regional board point-person to plan and lead programs, and build relationships with Reform Jewish teens across the region to bring new participants into the NFTY-MAR community.
You must take time to speak with your parents and a TYG advisor in NFTY-MAR, who will be required to fill out a signature sheet about the commitment you are making. The cabinet application must be submitted and the NFTY-MAR Cabinet Signature Page emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (signatures can be submitted directly by email) by Sunday, July 12 at 11:59pm. The Regional Board will review all applications and if needed, contact you for an optional interview; you will be notified of our decision soon afterwards.
We thank you again for your interest in our Regional Cabinet; we truly have a wonderful region full of people who shape our community. If you have any questions, please either reach out to Avery Sloan, NFTY-MAR Regional President, or Emily Messinger, NFTY East Area Manager. Good luck!
The NFTY-MAR Regional Board 2020-2021
*Please note that once you begin this online application, you cannot save it and come back later. You must complete the entire form at the same time.
Membership Sub-Regional Assistant (MSAC)
MSACs from each subregion will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Membership VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate opportunities to connect as a subregion outside of regional events
- Work with the MVP on recruitment leading up to any NFTY-MAR in person or virtual event
- Work in partnership with the regional board to innovate and facilitate new ways to engage the region
Spiritual Engagement Chair
Spiritual Engagement Chairs will work with Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Plan services for the region in partnership with the RCVP and head songleaders
- Help to identify participants to read Torah, write Divrei Torah, read service passages, etc. during spiritual experiences
- Participate in planning engaging religious/cultural based programming
Programming Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Programming VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a resource/mentor for participants who wish to write and implement programming within the NFTY-MAR community
- Plan and implement programming during in person or virtual events
- Help to identify group leaders for regional programming
Social Action Chair
Social Action Chairs will work closely with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating interesting and diverse social action programming for the region
- Spread awareness in the MAR community about social action issues
- Create initiatives to make NFTY-MAR a more socially aware space
Inclusion Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Social Action VP. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the regional board to make sure programs and spaces are accessible and inclusive
- Educate the region on inclusion with adult support
- Serve as a resource for NFTY-MARites to make sure everyone feels included in any sort of programming
Song Leading Chair
Song Leading Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Religious and Cultural VP and the song leading committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the RCVP, spiritual engagement chairs, and regional clergy advisor to create and implement services
- Facilitate all musical aspects of in person and virtual events, including song sessions, friendship circles, etc.
- Supervise and train the song leading committee
Media and Marketing (M&M) Chair
Media and Marketing Chairs will work with the Mid Atlantic Regional Communications VP and the M&M committee. The tasks of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the CVP to oversee the M&M committee
- Manage the official NFTY-MAR photo album on the website after each event
- Create and implement new ways to stay in touch with the region outside of events